Vacations are a great time to try something new. While you’re in a faraway place, you can expand your horizons not just gastronomically and culturally, but also athletically. Many vacation destinations offer a chance to try new sports, some of which might be difficult or impossible to experiment with at home. With that in mind, keep an eye out for the following sports to try on your next vacation:
– Bungee jumping. Leaping off a bridge generally isn’t a good idea, to put it mildly, but if you have a bungee cord around your ankles, it can be a blast. Look for an experienced operation with a good track record of safety and give yourself a jolt of adrenaline that you’ll never forget.
– Zorbing. Zorbing involves placing yourself inside a giant plastic ball and rolling down a large hill. It’s sort of like tumbling down a hill for grown-ups, and it can be a lot of fun. Alternatively, you can go zorbing on flat ground and move the ball around by running inside it.
– Kitesurfing. Some of the best vacation sports require a beach, and kitesurfing is one of them. The sport involves standing on a board that resembles a wakeboard and using a kite to zoom along the surface of a body of water. Advanced kitesurfers can even use waves like ramps and get some serious airtime. Kitesurfing takes time and instruction to master, but it can make for a thrilling ride.
– Paragliding. During a paraglide, you and a professional pilot fly high above the ground using a parachute and rising thermals. Because you’re the passenger, you can just relax in your harness and enjoy one of the purest experiences of flight a human being can have.
– Jetpacking. For a more futuristic flight experience, you might want to try a jetpack. Some beach resorts are now offering rides on jetpacks that pump out water to let you hover. Jetpacking can be difficult to get the hang of, but there’s no arguing with its cool factor.